History of the Fazenda
Built around 1830, Fazenda Santa Eufrásia is the only private farm declared a historic site by Brazil’s National Historic and Artistic Heritage Institute, IPHAN. The farm is one of the most important historical buildings in the area, with an authentic collection of furniture and housewares from the 19th century.
The main house is surrounded by a vast lawn and lush vegetation, with centenarian trees and a dam, which sat as a backdrop for the old coffee plantation.
Construction of the house was begun in 1830 by Alderman Ezequiel de Araújo Padilha and his brother Pedro Petras Padilha.
The farm was originally established to produce coffee. When in 1905, Colonel Horácio Lemos and his wife Francisca (Dona Chiquinha) purchased Fazenda Santa Eufrásia, the Colonel burned the coffee plantation and established a cattle farm, exporting beef to Europe.
Today, the farm once again produces coffee.
Fees and Offerings for 2016
Open House on Mondays 10 a.m.:
Please call at least 10 minutes in advance.
Coffee, lemongrass tea and cake will be served.
R$35,00 per person.
Visits by appointment:
Please call at least 24 hours in advance.
Visit gardens, coffee plantation and main house, followed by Imperial Tea.
R$45,00 per person; 2 person minimum; maximum to be arranged.
Please call at least 72 hours in advance.
Picnic tables arranged with a variety of sandwiches, cakes, cookies, local specialties, fruits. Lawn games such as croquet and badminton.
R$55,00 per person; 15 person minimum; maximum to be arranged.
Music at the farm:
In the main hall, where cultural soirees have been held for two centuries, we will offer a musical presentation, such as classical guitar, and serve coffee, tea and cake after the show.
R$65,00 per person; 15 person minimum; 50 person maximum.
All events will be between 1 and 2 hours in duration.
Contact Information & Getting to the Farm
Telephone/SMS: 24-999-949494 or 21-999-269619
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Address: BR 393, km 242, Vassouras – Barra do Pirai, 27700-000
The farm is located 7 km from Vassouras, in the direction of Barra do Pirai. The entrance to the farm has three trees with trunks painted white, and a small sign with the name and logo of the farm.